Thursday, July 5, 2007

3rd day of 3rd yr

You always hear about how 3rd year can beat your spirit down. Long work hours, only to come home and have to study more; being the bottom of the totem pole (translation: being the convenient dumping ground for everyone's frustrations from the patients to the attendings to the nurses); your own self-doubt in your abilities, etc. I guess it shouldn't have surprised me that 3rd year would be not only an academic and intellectual, but also an emotional and psychological, challenge. Still... until the first beatdown happens, I think it's easy to dismiss all of the above as exaggeration.

Well... today I came home feeling utterly dumb, incompetent, and discouraged. And wonder what I'm doing in med school in the first place, though by now it's consumed 2 yrs of my life and a good amount of debt. Here's hoping it can only go uphill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home