Tuesday, September 26, 2006

tiny world

It really is a freaking small world. I was talking to the Pearl owners after our show Sunday night, and it turns out they are really good friends with Dr. W, who happens to be associate dean of UTSW as well as my own clinical medicine attending. Apparently he plays bass and is active on the live music circuit in Dallas. I was instructed by the bar owners to bring him to my next show. Riiiight, like he has nothing better to do than see what his dumb MS2s do outside of school.

A Princeton '04 alum came to my show Sunday night as well. Good night for coincidences, I guess. We didn't know each other there (for some reason, football players and musicians don't exactly run in the same circles...), but we have a ton of mutual friends and it's odd to think we had to move here to meet. I haven't seen any Princeton alumni in Texas since moving back, and I got a warm fuzzy homesick feeling. Plans are underway to find our fellow Princeton brethren in Dallas and get together occasionally to reminisce, Princeton style. That means with an excess of alcohol and elitism. Only kidding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home