Sunday, December 3, 2006

three cheers

...for Old Nassau. Apparently Princeton ties die hard. After Friday with the school-sponsored holiday dinner party and Republic afterwards, I was beginning to doubt whether I had the energy for G's (P '04) bday party Saturday night. A was kind enough to come with me, and it turned out to be a lot of fun. Hanging out with non-med-school people is really refreshing, even if we didn't quite fit this particular demographic: white, yuppie, attractive, preppy/trendy, finance/ibankers. That, and we were the first two females to arrive at what began as a beer-and-football gathering of the good-old-boys' club. Walking up the stairs of his three-story uptown townhouse, an initial wave of social anxiety hit me for about 30 seconds until G's genuine happy friendliness (and drunkenness?) warmed me over like a strong whisky eggnog. We're talking volatile-fumes strong. With giant chocolate-chip cookies that G baked himself. I love holiday-season parties.

Anyway G just might be my biggest groupie in Dallas, and I think he succeeded in overinflating my ego with undeserved lavish praise to anyone within earshot. I must admit that I was again slightly flattered (man this guy is good). We (re)-exchanged numbers [actually saved on our cell phones this time instead of scribbled on bar napkins], drunk-dialed one of our mutual friends, and made plans for our social circles to overlap - ostensibly for random-hanging-out but obviously for meeting each others' friends.

God. I didn't think it would come to this, but it has. I have officially become a "young adult" who "networks." Whatever happened to the days when you could crush on the cute guy who sits next to you in class?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger jo said...

it's mainly to protect my friends' privacy. i guess i figure that, just because i choose to share my thoughts with the internet community, doesn't mean that my friends wish to google themselves and randomly find information about themselves on my blog.

22:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home