Sunday, November 12, 2006

boudoir

I LOVE post-test wkds!! Such an obvious statement but I can't get over it. Continuous drinking + eating + shopping (esp for tote bags and shoes) = happy Jo. I am disturbingly predictable.

Summary of weekend in pictures:





(not pictured: Nine West merlot leather tote)
(also not pictured: Kraft sharp cheddar cheese block, which made up the "cheese" component of the "wine and cheese" night the boys planned.)

The shoes deserve their own story...
After trying them on jokingly at the Max Azria outlet in Allen, I accidentally fell in lust. Who ever thought I'd end up coveting black satin, feathered-and-beaded, 4-inch boudoir stiletto slingbacks? On sale and an additional 30% off to boot! I really did need new black heels, but this was the equivalent of the bad-boy rocker crush: sexy, impractical, wild, and drives you just a little bit insane. We left Allen before I could do any more damage to my credit card, but like any great infatuation, I couldn't stop thinking about them all night... and let's face it, bad-boy rocker crushes are fun. I was never one for the clean-cut type. ;)

Fast forward 2 hours. Post-dinner, back at home. Still thinking about the shoes. While talking to A, she googles them and finds them even cheaper online! (NB: The online description reads "TICKLE YOUR FANCY WITH THESE SATIN BOUDOIR HIGH-HEELED SHOES." I'm not sure I want to tickle my fancy.) We decide it must be fate, and I end up ordering them that very night. These shoes scream "take me home tonight." Will update later on how well that works out (I kid).

This post was made possible by A, who I might let take me home the night I wear the shoes. Bonus points if she is wearing her new sexy soft-as-butter leather biker babe jacket.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would definitely take you home if i see you standing on harry hines =)

~SheLLs

17:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home