Sunday, October 22, 2006

weekend of food!

I LOVE post-test weekends! Too bad cardio block begins tomorrow...

Friday was happy hour at McCormick and Schmidt's, where we ordered 3 plates of food each. Steamed mussels in lemon white wine broth, fish tacos, chicken quesadillas, and a glass of Chardonnay later, my stomach was rebelling from a week of too much coffee + a brief bout of food poisoning + only eating junk food + exam stress. I decided to go out and feed it some vodka tonics anyway and woke up Saturday just fine. Moral of story: if stomach doesn't feel well, push on and keep eating/drinking.

After a beautiful Saturday afternoon run at White Rock Lake, we went to the Texas State Fair, where any pretenses of being healthy were promptly wiped out by the following:
-jalapeno-and-cheese corn dog
-buttered corn-on-the-cob
-sausage-on-a-stick (what's with the hyphenated foods?)
-smoked turkey leg
-nachos
-fried ice cream
-fried Snickers
-fried Oreos
-funnel cake
-cotton candy
-a ride on MAGNUM (nobody threw up!) - really, the Burt Reynolds endorsement was the key deciding factor in getting on this ride
-seeing an albino two-headed snake



Sadly we missed out on seeing "Tiny Tim, the world's smallest horse (alive!)" but there's always next year. Today was dim sum (yum!), almond milk bubble tea (so Asian! M brings out the Asian in us), and now Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk as I begin revising the patient writeup that my resident emailed me a week ago but I conveniently ignored until after the test...

My arteries must hate me after this weekend. Healthiness begins tomorrow. As does a 3 wk period of hiding in the library/carrels until cardio block is over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home