Friday, March 16, 2007

the office

I recently saw my first episode of The Office. Despite hearty recommendations from many a friend, I just never watched it for some reason. Okay, several reasons: never being home, not really watching TV in general, arbitrarily limiting myself to following only one show and (not-so-)arbitrarily designating Grey's... but come to think of it, The Office fits neatly into the 30-min slot before Grey's. I'm going to give it a chance, and will probably end up raising my arbitrary limit to two.

The episode I saw wasn't particularly life-changing or sidesplitting. I mean, it was funny, but not addictively so (at least not yet). This seems like one of those absurdist humor shows that grows on you until you can't believe you ever thought it was anything less than spectacularly hilarious. Kind of like Family Guy. Or Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Actually, no, that's always going to be a terrible show.

I will admit the following: about 5 minutes into the episode, I thought, Thank God my chosen career setting won't be a boring corporate prison. And then I immediately thought, I'm an idiot, this is about as realistic as the hospitals in ER or Grey's. And then a third thought, Crap, what do I know, I have zero work experience in either of those places.

Until then, I'll be watching TV on Thursday evenings.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

was this the prison mike episode? or did you think up "prison" without prompting?

23:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home