Tuesday, October 4, 2005

quick kitchen tips #1

As I begin to figure out general kitchen dos/don'ts and quick recipes to feed my insatiable hunger, it occurred to me that others may find this knowledge useful as well. I don't have a huge repertoire or anything (most of my cooking technique revolves around stir-fry), but here goes anyway. Since I have presumed to call this post "#1," implying a series to come, I might as well start off with the morning coffee.

Super-Easy Faux Cappuccino (sans mess and cappuccino machine)

What you need:
-ground coffee
-milk/creamer
-Cool Whip

What you do:
1. Brew coffee as usual in coffeemaker. You may choose to brew it stronger to more closely resemble espresso.
2. Stir in milk or desired creamer of choice. I highly recommend International Delight brand - so many flavors! Like French Vanilla and Hazelnut!
3. Add a dollop or two of Cool Whip and stir it around until it dissolves into a thick foam on the top. I actually prefer this to Starbucks now, which is a good thing considering my meager student budget.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chai is good too =)

Wow, I am so impressed at your elaborate blog here, Jo. Makes me feel very lazy about never updating. And super entertaining, fool--who knew you Mol. Bio. people can write, too! And COOK!

So yeah, way to make me feel even worse about my meagre life skillz... =) talk to you soon, fool...

15:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home