Thursday, September 13, 2007

real quotes

Two 100% real conversations with patients on trauma surgery:

Jo (to drunk injured driver brought in after motor vehicle collision)
Is there anyone we can call right now to let them know you're here?

Patient
Yeah, uh, I got a woman.

Jo
Sure, what's her name and a number where I can reach her?

Patient
[gives first name and number]

Jo
And her last name?

Patient
Uhh... I dunno. It don't matter anyway, we getting married soon and it's gonna be MY last name.


****************


Jo (to drunk combative patient, who will be a convicted felon upon release from hospital, with gunshot wound to upper thigh)
Sir, I'm going to need you to lay still so I can examine this wound.

Patient
No!! Stop touching me!! That hurts, b****!! [thrashes around wildly]

Jo (yelling)
Be still! I need to stop this bleeding. I'm going to lift up your gown and look at your thigh now, okay? [looking around desperately for his accompanying police to restrain him]

Patient concedes, lifts his entire gown, and exposes his genitalia and anus with legs splayed
How's that? You like THAT, b****?

Jo
Sir, please just lay still. There is no need for you to do that.

Patient
Shieeeet, I ain't just putting on a free show here!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home