Monday, February 6, 2006

post-exam bliss

I seem to have established a pattern of doing fun/interesting things only on weekends after a huge block of exams. This happens, oh, once every month or two. It's actually a little bit sad, but there are enough other people doing the same thing that sometimes you forget it's so weird.

Anyway, after definitely-not-enough-sleep all week, the Friday festivities began with an impromptu dinner party for five. Jessica had a seafood marinara recipe she wanted to try, so we went buck-wild at the grocery store and turned it into a three-course meal. Jessica, main course. Jo, filler courses. I really think it would have been fun to go to culinary school. On the menu:

Spinach salad with Bosc pear, walnuts, Gorgonzola, and vinaigrette dressing
Farfalle pasta with shrimp and scallop marinara sauce, with bell peppers and onions
Freshly-baked vanilla cheesecake with lemon zest

It only now occurred to me that we should have taken pictures of the food. Oh well. It was by far the best meal I had had all week... but then again I'd been eating fast food all week while attempting to study continuously.

Friday continued with debauchery and embarrassment at a karaoke bar, along with the rest of our esteemed classmates. I had enough Long Island iced tea in me to get up and sing Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer." Not gonna lie, I miss Quad and DJ Bob, cheesy as it is. Saturday brought video games and outlet shopping, and then Shelley called later that night to say she was in town to drag my butt out for more revelry and merrymaking. Off we went to Fox and Hound, where I tasted my first Snakebite - Guinness and Ace - which I will definitely be ordering more often in the future. Sunday: Super Bowl and Grey's Anatomy all day long. Monday: quickly proceed to fall asleep in every class.

I promise, fewer of these itemized "this was my weekend" posts in the future, but this is the most eventful my life has been in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home