Tuesday, May 9, 2006

monday

... is the new Thursday. Although even that is a dated reference, because let's face it, my Thursdays are invariably lame. As well as Saturdays. And every other day except Monday. Why, you ask? Because some guy somewhere high up in the chain of command here decided that most of our exams should be scheduled on Mondays. I can't even remember the last time I was out at a bar on a Friday or Saturday, but there's plenty of interesting Monday debauchery.

More interesting still: until the Med School Monday phenomenon began, I sort of assumed that the majority of the world lives on a Mon-Fri work, Thurs-Sat party schedule. Now I see that I severely underestimated the sleazy dudes of the world. They stay until last call, all while unbuttoning the top few buttons of their black pinstripe collared shirts (worn with dark jeans, of course. And shiny black shoes. And hair product overload. Don't forget the overblown, completely unwarranted confidence in their womanizer skills). Anyway, it's a good thing I'm female, because instead of being questionable Monday-night-alone-at-a-bar dude, I have the option of being desperate stand-on-the-bar-and-shout-who-wants-to-take-care-of-my-tab girl.*

*This is a true story. It happened last night. The girl was SO not hot. It was a $7.50 tab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home