Thursday, October 13, 2005

study memories

So as I find myself these few weeks spending a lot of time (attempting to) study and feeling bad that I have zero attention span, I can't help but remember some noteworthy "study" experiences from the past. Too bad those things don't happen here. My life would instantly become more interesting. I would also instantly flunk out of here.

Sophomore spring:
A and I attempt to cram for orgo the night before the exam. We are obviously not motivated, and yet a pre-med sense of urgency overwhelms us. We finally decide that we need external motivation to make studying fun, so for each practice problem we get right, we reward ourselves with a vodka shot. I think it is unnecessary for me to finish the rest of the story.

Freshman fall:
K and I are cramming for the gen chem final which is scheduled at 8am the next day. At some point in the night it becomes clear that we will need to pull an all-nighter to finish getting through the material. Since "all-nighters" are very rarely true all-nighters and more often consist of "napping at random short intervals throughout the night," we decide that we will switch off on napping/wake duty. K is taking a nap break around 3am, and I am supposed to be on wake duty when I also pass out. We both spontaneously wake around 7:30, and panic ensues. To this day he will not let me live it down.

First year of med school:
The afternoon before the exam, even though I am completely unprepared, I am blogging. This is not a good story.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the stakes are higher at this level of the game. but so you feel more comfortable, i will go buy a handle of vodka and an alarm clock.

16:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home