Saturday, November 12, 2005

adventures in thailand

As I lead my relatively uneventful life back in good old Texas, plodding along my set-in-stone-8-year path that is medicine, I often think... wow, I really dropped the ball on the "be spontaneous and take risks in life" thing. I think about all you guys over in Cambridge or China or quitting your unfulfilling job after 2 months and taking a cross-country trip to really figure out your life. And once in a while, some things really stand out and make me realize how I'm still very much within my comfort zone in life.

Enter Exhibit A.

B: would you eat rice that has dead ants in it?
xx bigbadjoey xx: what??
xx bigbadjoey xx: hahaha
xx bigbadjoey xx: what kind of question is that?
B: well i had a bag of uncooked rice
B: ants got into it
B: i put it inteh fridge
B: the ants in it died
B: i just put some of tha trice in a cooker and am cooking it
B: and im wondering if you woudl eat that rice
xx bigbadjoey xx: hahahhahaha
xx bigbadjoey xx: if you strain out the ants and wash the rice well
xx bigbadjoey xx: i think it's ok
B: i washed the rice three times
B: and got some of hte ants out
B: but its dark rice
B: so i can't tell if they're all out
B: welcome to my world in thailand

Moral of story: thanks, guys, for keeping me in perspective... I enjoy your different experiences and can live vicariously through all of you. Although I can't say I'd rather eat the ants.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fill bucket of water, pour rice/ants in slowly...ants float, rice sinks. serves 4. enjoy

22:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home